Insurance and other information
Things you need to know before an appointment:
- Please bring along any referral letters, scans, reports that you may have.
- Be prepared to expose bits of your body so please bring along a pair of shorts and a vest top or t-shirt. We do have spare shorts & tops at the clinic so if you forget it’s not a problem.
- Payment for treatment is required at the end of each session which is payable by debit/credit card, cash or cheque.
- We are able to bill BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva, Cigna, Pruhealth/Vitality and Simply Health directly should you wish to come via one of these insurance companies. (Please see below for more insurance information)
- Patients with any other health insurance policies are asked to reclaim their fees directly from their insurer. A receipt of payment can be printed for you if required.
- If you wish to claim treatment costs on your health insurance, you will need to contact your insurance company directly and they will send you a claim form.
- Each insurance policy is different and we advise you to ensure well in advance that your treatment is covered.
- It’s very important to check whether you need to be referred by a doctor or a consultant before receiving treatment.
Information you need to bring along with you to your appointment with regards to BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva, Cigna, Pruhealth/Vitality and Simply Health:
- Contact details of insurance company.
- Current membership & policy numbers.
- Current injury authorisation number.
- Your policy limitations (i.e. your excess amount or number of sessions approved).
Please note that from time to time an invoice which has been billed to any of the the above insurance companies maybe rejected due to limitations on your policy, meaning that you will need to pay NSIC direct. Please be aware that you must check your policy as to what services are covered.